AFL Noyes FS200 FlexScan® OTDR with SmartAuto™ and LinkMap®
FS200-304: 1310/1550/1650 PON OTDR version
FlexScan OTDRs enable both novice and expert technicians to quickly and reliably troubleshoot optical networks or fully characterize newly installed or repaired networks. Using FlexScan’s innovative SmartAuto mode, multi-pulse OTDR scans quickly and accurately detect, locate, identify and measure network components and faults. After applying industry-standard or user-set pass/fail criteria, the characterized network is displayed using FlexScan’s intuitive, icon-based LinkMap view.
FlexScan automates test setup, shortens test time and simplifies results interpretation, improving efficiency and reducing the cost of test. Results may be stored internally or externally. Internally stored results are easily accessed via USB.
With optional connector inspection, integrated source, power meter and VFL, FlexScan offers an all-in one solution, ensuring technicians have everything they need to locate and resolve optical network issues.
Designed for field use, FlexScan is robust, rugged, lightweight, powerful and flexible.
- Rugged & pocket-sized; Weighs less than 1 pound! (0.4 kg)
- Fast, accurate network characterization or fault location
- Easy-to-understand LinkMap results with pass/fail indications
- 1310/1550/1650 nm PON OTDR for live PON troubleshooting
- 1310/1550 PON or point-to-point OTDR
- 25 m PON dead zone.
- Integrated VFL, plus Wave ID source and power meter
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and USB communications
- Large, bright indoor/outdoor touchscreen
FlexScan is currently available in five models:
- FS200-50: 1550 nm OTDR for cost-effective point-to-point network troubleshooting, including detection of high-loss macro-bends.
- FS200-60: 1650 nm filtered version for cost-effective live PON troubleshooting. Use the optional integrated Power Meter to verify downstream power levels.
- FS200-100: 1310/1550 version for more complete point-to-point network installation verification, as well as troubleshooting. By testing at both wavelengths, FlexScan can differentiate poor splices from macro-bends, as well as qualify the network for operation in both 1310 and 1550 nm windows.
- FS200-300: 1310/1550 PON OTDR version for installation verification and troubleshooting of out-of-service PON or point-to-point networks. Offers higher dynamic range to test through splitters, as well as longer point-to-point networks.
- FS200-304: 1310/1550/1650 PON OTDR version for in-service PON troubleshooting, as well as out-of-service PON or point-to-point network installation verification or troubleshooting.